Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Incredible kindness

Those of you who have pets will know what I mean when I say that they are inherently kind. We have two dogs, a border collie (Damon) and a havanese (Mojo). Our border collie is almost 13 and beginning to show it, while our havanese is 4 years old and thinks he is a border collie.

There are days I wish I could give Mojo dakbands because he makes my day when I walk in the door, dragging a screaming 3 year old, exhausted from work and wondering what to make for dinner. He greets me like I am the most important person in the world, cuddles up beside me as I flop onto the couch and looks at me like he completely understands. Regardless of how frustrated, stressed, pouty I am, it melts away under the spell of his unconditional love - allowing me to embrace kindness once again.



(I really love Damon too, but he isn't the meet and greet type of dog, and he certainly can't fit on my lap!)

Day 8 of 31

We have an organization, The Canadian Association for Animal Assisted Support Services that use our dakbands!!
Anyone who leaves a story about their pet and kindness will receive some dakbands!!

No comments: