Thursday, April 19, 2012

AWESOME!

  
Okay, let me start by saying, "I don't get out much." So when I heard on the radio that Neil Pasricha was going to be signing books and announcing his number one most awesome thing- after four years of blogging and two international best selling books - at Chapters, I immediately thought, 'I can give him some dakbands', followed by, '...and wear my new shoes.' Okay, it might have been the other way around.......when a girl finds a $400 pair of shoes for $50 (yes, this is awesome!), any excuse will do.


However, I didn't consider the ramifications of standing in line for two and half hours in these babies. Let's just say that if my daughter hadn't come to my rescue with a pair of flats, so I could walk to the car, I might have become a permanent fixture at the store, unable to move. As it is, a day later I'm still limping. Taking them off was AWESOME!

And despite the pain, even the wait in line was awesome because I met some great, interesting people. Adam - who went to school with Neil's sister Nina - and I had a wonderful chat about everything from work to Belgian chocolate. I don't know the name of the young woman who in empathy offered me her chair while saying, " your shoes are beautiful"; but, I hope the shoe gods bless her. Yes, I gave her a dakband.

When I finally got to meet Neil, I was a bit delirious. I think it was a combination of the screaming pain in my feet, the fact that I hadn't eaten in about 8 hours and the arrhythmias (probably due to the previous two). I think I babbled. However, it was all worth it. I gave him two dakbands and he seemed genuinely impressed. I think that is what struck me most about him, his ability to sincerely, and generously, take a moment to connect with every person that approached his table. Picture after picture he smiled leaving each fan feeling a little more awesome than when they arrived.




 So what was Neil's 1000th most awesome thing........ check it out here
                                                                                                    

No comments: