Friday, November 6, 2009

Barrista Kindness

Two mornings ago I was having one of those days, and it was only 8:30 in the morning! After dropping our son off at school I stopped at Starbucks for a much needed double long espresso. Apparently, half the community needed one because the line up was loooooong. When I finally made it inside the doors, I couldn't help but over hear the Barrista (hopefully that if a unisex title) chatting to each customer as is they were the last person on earth. He was funny, engaging, charming and everyone in line left with a smile - and it wasn't because they finally had a coffee.

When I was two people away from being served I realized my dakbands were in the car, and I wasn't wearing any (shame on me). I wrestled with what to do. I'd been in line a long time and the line behind stretched out the door once again, I'd have to start all over....I went to the car. And when it was finally my turn, I gave him the whole darn pack.

It never ceases to amaze me how someone simply choosing to be engaging, other centered, polite and kind can make my day!!



No comments: