Thursday, October 29, 2009

Push for Votes

I know our project has only been up for few days, but I have to confess that we are really discouraged by the paucity of votes people. There are friends who have sent out our plea to 400 or more people!! Well, you know how the saying goes, when the going gets tough, the tough......get creative!

So, we have made up these really neat postcards, that we are going to handout, along with a free pair of bands, at strategic points all over Milton, Burlington and Oakville, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday.

That isn't all.....we are also going to give away 500 sets of dakbands to any organization/community (schools included)that registers 500 votes by Sunday. After voting voters must email me and include in their email the organization with which they are associated. (eraakman@deliberateactsofkindness.com)

Yes, we have resorted to shamelessly begging for votes :)

The great thing about all this, is that we will be changing our community just by asking people to vote. Just think of all the acts of kindness associated with the bands we'll be giving away.

Please vote, and ask everyone you know to vote as well. Click on the Aviva button.

Here is a great quote that is keeping me inspired:

“I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live.”

—George Bernard Shaw
(1856-1950); playwright, political activist

I feel like Dorthy at the end of the Wizard of Oz, in her beautiful ruby slippers...only I'm wishing for votes.


No comments: