Monday, November 16, 2009

Kindle My Heart

kindle [kin-dl] - to light up, illuminate or make bright

As the moon kindles the night
As the wind kindles the fire
As the rain fills every ocean
And the Sun the Earth
So your heart will kindle my heart

Take my heart
Take my heart
Kindle it with your heart
And my heart cannot be
Kindled without you
With your heart kindle my heart

These are the lyrics to Kindle My Heart, the theme song from the movie The Little Princess. Simple. Beautiful. I happened to catch the last few moments on tv this evening. I remember being enchanted by the movie many years ago when my children were little, but I had completely forgotten about the song.

Isn't it true that my heart can brighten your heart, and without your light, my heart suffers. Every act of kindness kindles the heart as surely as the moon kindles the night and the rain fills the ocean. We need each other to reflect the light that kindness illuminates.



No comments: