Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Musical kindness

My son attends Queen's University. He is studying physics and geography, but he called me the other day to tell me about a new interest. He is learning to play the ukulele. Yes, the ukulele. Where did he get this ukulele you ask? Well I asked the same question! (This comes after a year of teaching himself to play guitar.)

He proceeded to tell me about the Joe Chithalen Memorial Musical Lending Library. Anyone can borrow a musical instrument for up to a month at a time, as long as they have photo ID. This is such an amazing concept.

There isn't much information about Joe on the website, but he does have a facebook fanclub where you can learn more about this interesting and inspiring young man.

Day 19 of 31 (the longest 31 days in history:)

No comments: