Friday, February 5, 2010

Redo

I apologize for the long absence, although my first (and only) post of the New Year was about new beginnings, I'm really looking for a 'redo'. The new beginnings have been a little more than I bargained for quite frankly. Since that lonely post I have been diagnosed with a rather serious heart defect and as a result, lost my drivers license. Then, last weekend my husband was rushed to the hospital after suffering a serious seizure and he consequently lost his license! On the bright side I figure that if I didn't have a heart attack during that experience, I'll probably never have one.

I haven't given a dakband away in a month. A record for me. I think the shock of the diagnosis really stole my focus and concentration. I've had plenty of opportunities during my hospital stays, doctors visits, etc....but no motivation or energy. Yesterday for example, we arrived home to discover a laundry basket full of meals that had been prepared for us by our Home Church family. It was such a wonderful blessing and my first thought was, 'Oh I can blog about this'. But once the food was organized and put away I just curled up on the sofa to mope. Today, however, I had one of Oprah's ahah moments.

I received my daily value quote,

“Never talk defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory.”

Norman Vincent Peale
(1898-1993); author, preacher

It seemed like a personal message and it gave me a jolt that I haven't had since the doctor told me to cut all caffeine out of my diet (that might account for the depression :) As if that wasn't enough, as I was waiting for my daughter to pull the car around so I could load up all my Home Sense goodies, a complete stranger helped me carry the items to my car and load them - I wasn't even wearing my dakbands. It was definitely a message don't you think?

So, I am completely over myself, over the self pity, over the pouting, and ready to use words like hope, belief, faith, victory and best of all, kindness.


No comments: