Thursday, February 18, 2010

exceptional kindness

A couple of days ago I posted about a woman who is leading a wonderful study of Joyce Meyer's The Love Revolution, Tara. I need to share an example of exceptional kindness that typifies Tara.

Last week my cardiologist told my husband and I that I would be admitted to the hospital mid-week (yesterday). I was in desperate need of a Miss Clairol moment and decided that I better visit Tara - she is my hairstylist - before I went in the hospital or they might mistakenly admit me to the geriatric floor :) As it turns out, Tara wasn't scheduled to work before I was expecting to go in. However, when she learned of my predicament she made arrangements, which included bringing her eight month old baby with her, to come into the salon and do my hair.

This is the type of love that fills the gap. It is a practical, conscious expression of kindness. The kind of love that Christ referred to when he said, "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." John 13-35

Tara and Madeline




No comments: