Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What if.....

What if I told you that last weekend our son was invited to a birthday party that involved about 15 boys from his class and another class at school.....

What if I told you that this party, like so many, was held at an indoor playground....

What if I also shared that the parents attending the party never introduced themselves to one another and spent much of the time on their blackberries, or reading the newspaper, while all the children ran around completely unsupervised (despite presence of at least six adults)....

What if I shared my broken heart and told you that I caught four boys holding down and jumping on, crushing, one little boy who had been the brunt of their teasing since he arrived.......

What if I told you that these were four and five year olds........

What if I said, "This is why we need dakbands."


No comments: